Once you have decided it’s time to renovate the kitchen, it can be turned into a really fun project. You can start by creating a vision board with pictures and design ideas found online or in kitchen décor magazines.
The images you find for kitchen renovation ideas ultimately become your wish list for what would amount to your dream kitchen, and from this wish list, you can start discarding some ideas and keeping others, to make the decision process a lot easier and a ton of fun.
One of the most important aspects when it comes to kitchen renovation is to keep in mind that you are facing a long term decision you’ll be living in. It is essential to consider every design choice carefully, with the help of expert kitchen designers and installers.
Because kitchen renovation is a major financial investment, every decision you make, from countertops to fitted kitchen cabinets and built-in cupboards, should be based on more than comfort, style and functionality.
You need to know that your countertops, fitted kitchen cabinets and built-in cupboards, fittings and fixtures are going to go the distance. The last thing you want is to have to replace any of these components after one or two years!
Think about what happens on an average day in your kitchen, how happy and welcome the space makes everyone feel. Your kitchen is the heart of your home, and if you’re going to tackle a kitchen renovation, make sure that the magnetism of that heart-centre beats strongly enough to be irresistible!
Questions to ask yourself as you put your scrapbook of ideas and notes together:
- Do you have a busy kitchen, with kids, family and friends popping in and out all day?
- Do you love cooking or is someone else in the family the chef of all chef’s?
- Do you entertain a lot?
- Does whoever does most of the cooking have enough counter space?
- Is shelving within easy reach and are the counters at the perfect height? The last thing you want to do is to prepare food and cook while bending over a counter too low, or struggling with one that is a little too high.
- How much storage space do you need?
- Do you need space for when visitors hang about the kitchen while you cook?
- Are the sink and appliances in sync with food preparation areas?
- These are just a few ideas to keep in mind as you fill your notebook before approaching a kitchen designer.
Once you have these ideas, notes and images together, your kitchen renovation specialist will help you to discard or add ideas that not only result in a dream kitchen but also suit your budget to a T.
Bringing kitchens to life since 2004, Proreno is the premier company for kitchen renovation in Gauteng, bringing a wealth of experience, passion and craftsmanship to every kitchen renovation that carries their stamp of excellence.
Get your ideas and notes together, bring them to the team at Proreno and watch the magic happen, from drawing board to installation! Book your free consultation today!